I embarked on a recent hunt for eye shadows to fill my new Urban Decay build-your-own palette. I quested for one wild color to compliment my mostly neutral choices. I had a wicked jones to add a shimmering blue shade. After agonizing over the options, I asked one of the Sephora ladies which of the numerous swatches on my hand she’d pick. She took one look at me and remarked “I wouldn’t put a blue on you.” So I punched her in the face.
There are so many things to swoon over this season, so I’m just listing things I want with abandon.
- Palette: In the beauty department, Urban Decay’s 15 year anniversary palette calls. I’ve heard raves about the creamy, not-over-the-top shimmery textures. And unlike most of their palettes, this one has all new colors. I prefer natural formulas; however, I like to balance them with highly unnatural, out of this world colors that actually stay on my face. That may take petrochemicals. And few companies do crazy, high quality, fun, petrochemical laden color like UD. While I don’t condone this kind of behavior in the name of health, life is short and I want some turquoise shadow.
- Burgundy: I want burgundy ANYTHING. I used to HATE burgundy. Now I want to be wrapped in it 24/7. Dunno why. Dying for suede burgundy heels, especially.
- Coat: Still obsessed with colorful, chic coats. Risky to gift though.
- Tights: I must purchase a miniskirt, but since the risk there is too great to list as a gift item, I’ll list some cable sweater tights and Swiss* dot tights.
- Gloves: fingerless gloves with convertible mitten tops and/or wrist warmers. Modcloth writes fanciful descriptions to accompany these; which according to them, leave you free to do arts and crafts and shit in the cold. I just want to be able to use my iPhone. Fair Isle and handmade would be precious.
What are you craving this holiday season???
*I was going to ask if anyone knew why the dots are Swiss. But Wiki
answered my question. I heart the Internets.